Not able to find these required gears, we now are turning to having them made.
PDF file: Internal_Gear_CAD_Specs4
To save to your computer, right click on link and choose save as.
So we need a CAD gear draftsperson. Here are the specifications of the gears:
LATEST UPDATE 9/4/2012: Now we want the outer gear to be about six inches in diameter. And if you’ve seen/downloaded the specs here prior, the third drawing, “1-stand+connector.jpg” has been changed. This is also reflected in the PDF file.
CAD files that now need modifying – Manufacturing Files.zip
- The resulting revolution of this transmission will be a 2:1 ratio increase in a reverse direction
- We are making a prototype, and plan on using nylon or equivalent plastic, 7/16 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Generator is expected to be 20,000 watts with a 100 amp service or 9-10 HP, but I’m suspecting that it’ll be double that.
- RPM considered: 3600, but this is for the production models.
- The prototype will probably run 5) 100 watt light bulbs at the max, so the load should be fine with nylon gears … if nylon, planetary gears should have brass bushings.
- Brass bushings will be inserted in gears where they come in contact with axle rotation, on the planetary gears
- We will also need a drawing using steel gears (type of steel TBD), with ball bearings on the planetary gears, with an enclosure (later)
- Later still, we will be using magnetic bearings
- Sun gear will be fitted for a 3/4″ axle, with a 3/16″ keyway and set screw
- Eight helical thread inserts will be installed in the outer gear that will accept 1/4″ fine threaded bolts
- Axles for planetary gears will be determined by drafts person, or use 3/4″ metal
- Gear teeth pitch and size will be determined by drafts person, but should have at least 2 teeth in contact
- All specifics for the following are ONLY suggested, and can change according to drafts person:
- Tooth spacing
- Contact angle
- Teeth quantity on all gears
Please see following drawings.
Should changes be necessary, please contact Steve